DON'T GO INTO RETIREMENT WITHOUT A PLAN
Date: September 15, 2017
Location: Arlington, VA
NCOA seeks a Systems Administrator to maintains its hardware, software, and related informational technology (IT) infrastructure. This position reports to the Associate Director of IT.
The Systems Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/ configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual will participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values.
The IT Service Desk is the central point of contact for all in-house IT and server-side incidents and service requests. The role of the SA is to provide tech support and education for all staff at NCOA. He/she is responsible for resolving support requests as well as meeting customer satisfaction and continuous service delivery demands. IT Support staff work in a dynamic environment providing services over the phone, through e-mail, and in person.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Provision/de-provision of new user accounts
- Maintain a first-class level of customer service ensuring that all staff and external teams are supported in an appropriate manner
- Maintain excellent verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels in the organization
- Maintain corporate IDS/IDP policies and procedures, and periodically collaborate with vendors to perform compliance testing
- Responsible for the control, monitoring, reporting, and audit of user access to all enterprise assets
- Responsible for monitoring resource consumption and performance degradation
- Server-side IT SA duties:
- Manage the remotely-hosted enterprise hardware environment and preserve the segregation of duties among enterprise IT staff and the target hardware environments
- Work well with managed hosting, co-located hosting, and Cloud environments
- Internal service desk support duties and responsibilities:
- Diagnose and resolve software and hardware incidents, including operating systems (Windows, OS X, and Linux) and across a range of software applications
- Take ownership of issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement temporary or permanent fixes with the aim of resolving issues and restoring service as soon as possible
- Install and configure new IT equipment
- Continually upgrade different types of software and hardware, as needed
- Install and resolve incidents with printers, copiers, and scanners
- Work with outside vendors and assist in managing vendor contracts
- Network fundamentals and DevOPs
- Good analytical and troubleshooting skills
- PC Hardware and Software Troubleshooting
- Linux skills RedHat 6/7, Centos 7/7
- DNS, SMTP, DHCP, SNMP, OpenSSL, Apache, Nagios, GlusterFS
- Excellent IT skills and computer literacy
- 5-7 years of previous experience within a customer service role
- Experience with WordPress (and associated plugins) Administration
- Experience with Database Administration and Database concepts including encryption (PerconaDB, MySQL, MariaDB, etc.)
- Significant experience supporting websites that must be delivered securely (SSL)
- Competent understanding of SSL and the various certificate options
- Experience with high volume traffic/usage leveraging load balancing strategies
- Expertise with automated software source control systems (e.g., SVN)
- Expertise with automated software deployment methodologies (e.g., Jenkins)
- Experience with Configuration Management tools (e.g., Puppet, Chef)
- Experience with Cloud hosting (AWS and/or Other)
- Bachelor’s degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science
- Preferred Certifications:
- Network +
- Linux Certs such as Linux +, LPIC, LFCS
NCOA offers a generous employee benefits program that includes: annual, sick, personal, and holiday leave; health insurance; contributions to a 403(b) plan; short- and long-term disability; and life insurance.
NCOA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to these principles. We value and welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage all minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities to apply.
How to apply
Applications, including a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications, your resume, and where you learned of the position, should be mailed to: email@example.com.
[Read More ...]
Post a Comment